I’m learning the craft from Mohanlal: Amala


I’m learning the craft from Mohanlal: Amala


Amala has been jugging cities for shoots, living out of valises.
The actress is just back from London where she was shooting for a song with Ram Charan Teja for her Telugu film. She is back on the sets of her Malayalam film Run Baby Run, an action thriller opposite Mohanlal in Kochi.
Talk to her about sharing screen space with one of the most versatile actors in the country, Amala beams: “ I have an equal role with Mohanlal sir and is directed by Joshiy who is also known as the showman of Malayalam cinema. It is such a pleasure working with Lalettan so early in my career and I am learning the craft of acting from him”.
Amala who is secure as an actor goes on to clarify why she is yet to sign a Tamil film: “Every day I am getting a script to read but is looking for a fleshed out character in mainstream cinema. I am in no hurry and is ready to wait instead of taking up random stuff”.
Run Baby Run is moving at brisk pace and Amala plays a journalist for the first time. She is also excited that her Akashathinte Niram opposite Indrajith, is the first Malayalam movie selected for the competition section of the Shanghai International Film Festival and she plans to attend the screening in China.
Previous
Next Post »